A season ticket is a positive way of supporting the BMFA National Flying Site and Visitor Centre Project as well as attracting those who are intending to be regular users of BMFA Buckminster.
The initial rates also reflect the fact that the site will open part way through the year and the early months will see reduced facilities until the runway seeding becomes established.
The season ticked should be considered as a ‘midweek flyers ticket’, The price for 2017 is based on the equivalent of 10 weekday permits (at £6.00 each) however there will be a small number of additional weekends that will be listed as general sport-flying weekends, these will also be available to season ticket holders, the season ticket also includes evening permits (usual price £4.00).
Season ticket holders will also be entitled to half price entry to the BMFA Buckminster Summer Air Display and Trade Show (July 29th/30th).
In addition to this it is likely that a small number of midweek days that will be unavailable due to pre booked events, these will be notified through the website as part of the continuous ‘status update’
Season ticket summary below.
- Cost – Seniors – £60.00 – May 1st to December 31st
- Cost – Juniors – £10.00 – May 1st to December 31st 2017 (juniors must be under appropriate supervision).
- Covers midweek flying including evenings.
- Activity must be ‘appropriate’ to the designated activity on site for any day and must comply with the noise policy (i.e. no IC models on quiet only days).
- Site is closed Thursdays for maintenance activities.
- Includes access to some weekend sport-fly events (dates to be confirmed)
- Provides half price access to BMFA Buckminster Summer Air Display (on production of current valid season ticket at payment point)
The initial arrangements for 2017 represent a trial and the aim is to review the scheme for 2018.
Visit the National centre website at www.nationalcentre.bmfa.org